Summer Fest, the best potluck picnic of the year, is Saturday May 31 from 11:00-2:00. This wonderful community event will be at Urban Prairie this year, 1220 W. Lexington, in front of the school with activities and games at the park.
- Parking can be difficult, but zone 5 parking limits will be waived for the day.
- Safety at this event is extremely important. While all faculty members of UP and CG will be on alert, we want to stress that parents and guardians are responsible for the well-being and safety of their children during Summerfest. Arrigo Park is open to the public and the park is very large space for small children.
- To preserve the ambiance of the event please refrain from bringing any water toys.
- See your teacher’s weekly email for more information about what time your child should be at Summerfest for any class activities.
What to Bring?
1. 1st Grade Families bring entrees for 8-10 people.
2nd Grade Families bring a salad or fruit for 8-10 people.
3rd Grade Families bring a entrees for 8-10 people.
4th & 5th Grade Families bring desert for 8-10 people.
- label all items for allergies if possible.
- Please label all serving bowls/plates with your name so we can be sure they return to you.
2. Table service for your entire family. There will be no paper/plastic goods. You will need to bring forks, plates, cups, etc.
3. Picnic blankets are recommended as tables and chairs are limited.
Fun at the Festival
Arrive by 11:15 to see the upper grade school classes perform intricate dances around the May Pole. The rest of the festival will include games for all ages, hula hooping, face painting, cake walk, sack race, cornhole, chalk drawing, and more!
This is a great year-end gathering in the style of a block party.