● Ambassador’s Program: Help prospective parents by sharing your family’s experience at Urban Prairie. Contact Heather Berhalter, Admissions Coordinator, email@example.com or attend the next Open House.
● Crafting Guild: Have a craft you’re good at or have one you would like to learn? Join us on the 2nd Monday morning and the 4th Tuesday morning of each month for the bi-weekly crafting guild. We will be wet felting the next two sessions at 8:30am at Urban Prairie in hopes of producing something beautiful for the Spring Gala. If you can join us, please sign up here so that we can anticipate how much wool roving we will need. Feel free to bring friends and/or your young children. Contact Heather Berhalter or Hannah Dallman with any questions.
● Spring Gala: Now in its planning stage, Laurie Hollett and Megan Sindelar are looking for volunteers to solicit donations, especially from friends and family with access to plane tickets, vacation homes, and sports tickets.
● New Family Welcome Program: Mentors needed for transfer families and new families in the fall. Contact Nancy Trevarthan Hodges
● Drop off Volunteers: Looking for someone to lead the Drop Off Program for next year. Ongoing volunteers always needed. Sign up here if you have a free morning from 7:45 – 8:15am!
● Assistant Librarians: contact Julie Needler or Lisa Geiger for more information on how you can help.
● Administration/Teacher Support Co-Chair needed. Contact Dona Nishi for more information or if you are interested.
● Teacher Appreciation Support: A parent volunteer is needed to work with Mary Cowen to organize parents and students in events for the week of May 5th.
● Community Building and Outreach: Interested in reaching out to the greater UPWS community? Already we are in the midst of setting up a drop off location for Angelic Organics, raw milk, organic pasture fed beef, and would love your help to get the word out about all our school is capable of, as well as seeing how our families can enhance the community around the school and our neighborhoods. ContactMonica Saxena Mims if you are interested in learning more!
● Equal Exchange Fundraiser for Waldorf Schools: Peggy needs a volunteer to establish and manage this program for the next calendar year.
● Annual Fund: Representatives are needed for each classroom. Contact Jen Noe for more information.
● Board Members and Board Committee Work: The UPWS Board of Directors is looking for strategic planners and big picture thinkers. Contact Sharla Stewart, Mary Cowen or Heather Berhalter, Committee on Board Development, to see if there is a good fit for you!
● Parent Portal: Work has started on the parent portal portion of the UPWS website. Parent volunteers are always wanted to design and manage it. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to volunteer!