Summer Fest, the best potluck picnic of the year, is Saturday May 31 from 11:00-2:00. This wonderful community event will be at Urban Prairie this year, 1220 W. Lexington, on the street in front of their building and the adjacent park. Parking can be difficult, but zone 5 parking limits will be waived for the day. This is a great year-end gathering in the style of a block party.
What to Bring?
1. 1st Grade Families bring entrees for 8-10 people.
2nd Grade Families bring a salad or fruit for 8-10 people.
3rd Grade Families bring a entrees for 8-10 people.
4th & 5th Grade Families bring desert for 8-10 people.
- label all items for allergies if possible.
- Please label all serving bowls/plates with your name so we can be sure they return to you.
2. Table service for your entire family. There will be no paper/plastic goods. You will need to bring forks, plates, cups, etc.
3. Picnic blankets and lawn chairs are recommended as tables and chairs are extremely limited.
Fun at the Festival
Arrive by 11:15 to see the upper grade school classes perform intricate dances around the May Pole. The rest of the festival will include games for all ages, hula hooping, face painting, cake walk, egg race, sack race, cornhole, chalk drawing, and more!