Many of you have helped create items to sell, donated items to eat, and are looking forward to all that is in store Saturday, December 7th from 1pm – 6pm at City Garden, 920 W 19th St. Street parking is available, but please be patient in finding a spot, as 19th Street will be closed for the petting zoo.
The week of December 2nd, when we return from the Thanksgiving break, will be our busiest, as we accept your baked goods. Not sure what to make? Here are some basic recipes and items we will gladly accept:
- pretzels - make these kid sized by making 16 smaller pretzels, instead of 8 large ones.
- cupcakes, cake pops – whatever you are famous for making or finding at a bakery, we will gladly take.
All of these recipes freeze well – either make the recipe and freeze it, or bake it then freeze it. Let us know what you are bringing – sign up to donate or volunteer here.
Feel free to put your on twist onto them – will they be blueberry muffins? Quiche Lorraine? If you find you are out of time but would like to contribute, we will gratefully take baked goods from local bakeries and grocery stores. If you bring the items in a container you would like back, please label it and we will do our best to get it back to you at the Holiday Fair or that week afterward. Also, please write down if they are free of any ingredients (gluten-, nut-, egg-, or dairy-free are all appreciated)
Please drop off items Monday – Thursday, 12/2 – 12/5, with Ms. Lofgren at drop off or pick up, and we will get them to City Garden. Friday after 1pm and Saturday before 1pm, please bring the items directly to City Garden, 920 W 19th Street.
As you prepare for Thanksgiving and to share with friends and family, feel free to invite them to the Holiday Fair! We will send out a schedule in two weeks, so line up friends, neighbors, colleagues and family and ask them to join us!
at Urban Prairie, 8:30am in the auditorium/cafeteria (downstairs)
- Monday, November 25th - Continue finishing craft items. Cutters, sewers and pricers welcome. Older grade school children with the day off can assist with many of these duties so bring them along.
- Thursday, December 5th - Finish up all the projects and price them
at City Garden, 920 W 19th Street, usually in Ms. Hellesoy’s class
- Sunday, November 24th, 2:00pm - Caroling. Come practice songs in preparation for the tree-lighting ceremony during the fair. All singing abilities needed (yes, even you who only sings in the shower!).
- Tuesday, December 3rd, 7:30pm - Help us finish and price the items we’ve made.
- Wednesday, December 4th, 7:30pm - Help us finish and price the items we’ve made.
Thank you so much to all of our dedicated volunteers, bakers, setter uppers and cleaner uppers, as well as the faculty and administration, as we coordinate to create this magical day!