- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Parent Child Programs
- Grade School
- After School
- Summer Camps 2016
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
begins with wonder."
begins with wonder."
Employment OpportunitiesWe are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Community Development Director
Central to all that the Director undertakes is Urban Prairie’s effort to knit a strong community fabric that creates social and fiscal health and supports the growth of the school. Urban Prairie grows by welcoming students into our school, creating opportunities for families to participate in the community life of our school, and building a fundraising program that inspires families to place Urban Prairie among their top philanthropic priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Director of Community Development is responsible for enrollment and admissions, fundraising, marketing, and community building. The Director is one of three Administrative Leaders at Urban Prairie. The Director will oversee the Community Development Coordinator who assists in achieving the strategic goals and daily responsibilities of Community Development.
Administration Leadership: As one of three primary administrative leaders overseeing the school, the Director of Community Development is able to collaborate with the other leaders while maintaining focus and achieving goals in his/her areas of responsibility. Together with the Finance and Operations Director and the Pedagogical Director, the Community Development Director ensures that the leadership team is fostering harmony, clarity, and efficiency in all relationships of the various bodies of the school, within themselves and with each other. The Community Development Director collaborates with the Finance and Operations Director and Pedagogical Director to develop the annual Operating and Development budget and reports to the Board of Trustees, Faculty, and other Administration regarding issues or concerns in the community realm. All Administrative Leaders, together with the Board President and Vice President, are responsible for the hiring and evaluation of each Director.
Enrollment and Admissions: Enrollment and Admissions is a primary responsibility for the Director. The Director oversees and manages recruitment, the admissions and enrollment process, and retention of students and their families with the goal of full enrollment each year at UPWS, with a long-term goal of having two classes in all grades.
Fundraising: Successful fundraising is measured by building upon the success of the current Annual Fund and developing a capital campaign. The Director draws on his/her experience with and knowledge of our families to set the tone for our Annual Fund campaign and fundraising events by which Administration, the Board, and Faculty inspire our families and others to give.
Marketing and Communications: As the face of Urban Prairie to prospective and current families, the Director oversees internal and external communications, and crafts our messaging across multiple platforms including social media to continue to build and maintain our image and relationships with prospective and current families.
Community Building: The Director represents, promotes, and guides the school’s mission, philosophy, and practice of Waldorf education within the community. He/she keeps a finger on the pulse of the community, overseeing our annual Parent Survey, and collaborating with the Pedagogical Director and Parent Council to ensure that our events and parent education programming fit the needs of our community.
- Work with our sister school to continue to achieve a 90% or higher transfer rate from the kindergarten class.
- Grow 1st grade enrollment from outside kindergartens by 4 children per class per year.
- Achieve our Development Fundraising goal of approximately $100,000 for the 2016-17 school year and begin to develop a capital campaign.
- Research educational and operational school grants that are available to Urban Prairie. Apply for a minimum of three grants in the first year with the school.
- Create a short and long term strategic marketing plan for the school in the first six months in the position.
- Assist in the hiring of the Community Development Assistant.
- Undergraduate Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years work history that includes the following: school admissions and enrollment, fundraising, and community engagement
- Experience in internal and external communications required
- Experience in a education / school environment preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required
- Leadership ability: e.g., ability to motivate and mentor others, to provide support, constructive criticism, and positive feedback
- Knowledge and ability to work comfortably with technology using programs like Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point, Zoho Creator, and database software.
- Knowledge of all social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Familiarity with third-party social management platforms such as HootSuite/Constant Contact/Mail Chimp/Other
- Familiarity with website content management systems, WordPress, and Web analytics/metrics is required
Please send a note of introduction and resume here ».
Classroom Assistant - Part Time
We are looking for a classroom assistant that will work primarily in our second grade classroom. The classroom assistant supports the class teacher by providing an extra set of eyes and hands in the classroom. Assistance will span a variety of activities, from documenting observations to helping students with individual bookwork. The assistant will oversee the children at recess and assist the children during their social interactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required
- A minimum of 1 year of prior experience working with children in a school, day care, camp or other child based program.
- Willingness to work in outside on a daily bas
- Knowledge of Waldorf education is helpful.
- Qualified applicants must be able to work in a collaborative manner with the class teacher in an environment of mutual support.
- Available to work from 7:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Pending availability, additional hours may be added based other classroom needs through out the school.
Please send a note of introduction and resume here ». until August 26, 2016.
Substitute Teachers (General)
Urban Prairie Waldorf School is expanding our full-day substitute teacher list. We invite experienced teachers, advanced M.Ed. students, and Waldorf teacher training students to apply for this wonderful opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a Waldorf classroom. We will hold an observation and training day in early March to familiarize substitute teachers with Waldorf methods. Lesson and classroom guidelines will be provided for each grade.
To join the list, please send a note of introduction and a summary of your qualifications here ».