- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Waldorf Education
- Urban Prairie Newsletter
- Media Statement
- Standardized Testing Statement
- Environmental Sustainability
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty & Staff
- Parent Child Programs
- Grade School
- After School
- Summer Camps 2017
- Student Pick-up Forms
- School Directory
- Administration Weekly Updates
- Board meeting minutes and Annual Report documents
- Discussion Forums
- Parent Council
- Parent Education Overview
- Parent Handbook
- Middle School Handbook
- Policy on Transgender and Non-binary Students and Community Members
- SUPPORT US
- CONTACT US
Permanent Home for UPWS
Please join us in the effort to make a successful bid for a new home for our school!
We have long dreamed of finding a permanent space for UPWS. We now have a chance to make that dream a reality.
The Montefiore building at 1310 S. Ashland offers UPWS:
- Ample space for programming including a gym, kitchen, science lab, sunny classrooms, administrative offices, storage, and even a woodworking room with an automated dust ventilation system
- A location that fits all of our site search parameters–it is only 1.4 miles of our sister school, City Garden, and close to major traffic arteries and public transportation
- A large paved area with southern sun can be converted to an ample outdoor green space and play area.
- Move-in-ready condition with a solid structure will allow us to “dream into” this space as our permanent home. If we win this bid, we would move in for the 2018-19 school year!
We need your support today to make this dream a reality. In order to make a viable bid on Monday, March 13, we need your help in one of three ways:
- Cash donations that will go toward our down payment at the time of the closing. Our goal is $260,000 by September 1, but we need those commitments today! You can choose “one-time gift” below and choose to give now or later. If you give now, then your money will be held is a separate “Permanent Home” fund.
- Loans offered by members of our community. More information is available here.
- Three-year pledges that will be used to service our debts.
Eight years ago, twelve families dreamed of building a school. They worked hard to form Urban Prairie. This is your opportunity to pick up the torch and take us into our permanent home.
When making your pledge below, please choose the “Permanent Home” as the Campaign to which you wish to give your gift.
Urban Prairie is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. All donations are tax-exempt to the extent allowed by law.
For more information or questions regarding a gift to Urban Prairie please click here to contact our Director of Community Development, Heather Berhalter.